To our valued Sandy Pines Members and Community:
We are writing to provide an update to the announcement sent Sunday, July 26, 2020 regarding an employee who tested positive for COVID-19. Sandy Pines’ leadership spent Monday with representatives from the Allegan County Health Department (“ACHD”) reviewing process and procedures to protect the health and safety of our workforce and our Sandy Pines and Lake Monterey community. Below are the actions Sandy Pines immediately implemented, as well as additional action implemented Monday, July 27, 2020 in consultation with the ACHD:
- Administration Office, Sales Office and Public Safety Office remain CLOSED until further notice
- All appointments at those offices remain cancelled until further notice
- All face-to-face committee meetings scheduled for the Admin Conference Room need to move to remote
- Offices cleaned and sanitized by outside cleaning company specializing in COVID-19
- Most Administration Staff will remain working remotely until further notice
- ACHD was provided events timeline and names of close contact with the employee
- ACHD continues to follow contact tracing steps to identify and communicate to those who may have been exposed
- ACHD will make all communications – not Sandy Pines or LMGC
- Potential exposed staff immediately quarantined per ACHD’ guidelines; until further notice
- Potential exposed staff are in the process of being tested
- Testing assistance and locations have been provided for any employee(s) wishing to be tested.
We continue to work with the ACHD to protect our staff and the Sandy Pines Community, as well as determine when staff can return to work and when our offices can reopen. This means we will continue to be short-staffed. Administration Staff will be working remotely, checking voicemails and emails. We will provide the best assistance we can while we are working remote. This will be similar to how we functioned in April and May of this year prior to allowing access and opening the park. We will have limited staff at the PSO Office. They will be kept separate from each other with support in the office answering phones and emails while another is outside the office patrolling the park.
Please continue to visit our website at SandyPines.com/COVID19. For answers not found online, please contact our Member Service Office at 616-896-8315 x-100 or Public Safety Office at Security@SandyPines.com at 616.896.9006. I’m also available to help with any questions you may have by email or phone. We will get through this by working together. Thank you for your grace, patience and understanding as we work together in the best interests of Sandy Pines.
God bless and stay safe!
Sandy Pines Recreational Community