It is with great pleasure that I lead the event planning initiatives for the 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2021.
Our strategy and approach to planning for the commemorative year look like this:
2019 – Collect and capture ideas from the membership on ways they’d like to see the park celebrate
2020 – Quarter 1 – Narrow the ideas down, if needed, prepare a budget for board review and approval
The remainder of 2020 – Begin the execution and communication of the anniversary
2021 – Communicate and Celebrate the Anniversary
To begin collecting ideas, we met today with the members of the planning committee of the 40th-anniversary celebration. (What an energetic and dedicated group of people these committee members are! Their dedication to the success of the park is extraordinary!)
Some of the ideas to date are:
- Commemorative video with stories shared by the founders, longtime and current members of all ages, park history and drone footage
- Enhancements to the July 4th parade like floats, marching bands
- Entertainment – Concerts, Laser Light show, Luau, Hoedown, Ski Show, Aqua Paluza
- Food & Fun – Food Trucks & Tailgater, Family BBQ, Charter Member Dinner
- Golf outings & events
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Bus Trips – Detroit Tigers Game, Michigan International Speedway
- Prize Raffle – Golf Cart
- Golf Cart Show with Food Trucks (like a car show)
- Family Feud Game
- Human Soccer Game, Celebrity Softball Game
- Veterans Memorial
We want to make sure to provide activities for all ages – toddlers and preschoolers, K-12, young adults, adults, and seniors, so input from all ages is important.
What ways would you like to see the park celebrate the 50th Anniversary? We want to hear from you. All ideas are welcomed and appreciated. Post your comments here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.