From Governor Whitmer
On Monday, March 23, Governor Whitmer instituted Executive Order No. 2020-21, which states that to suppress the spread of COVID-19, to prevent the state’s health care system from being overwhelmed, to allow time for the production of critical test kits, ventilators, and personal protective equipment, and to avoid needless deaths, it is reasonable and necessary to direct residents to remain at home or in their place of residence to the maximum extent feasible. This order takes effect on March 24, 2020 at 12:01 am, and continues through April 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
View the Stay Home Stay Safe Save Lives summary for more information.
View the official Stay Home Stay Safe Press Release.
From The Park President & Board of Directors
As stated in previous communications and updates, the health and safety of our staff and members remains our top priority. We appreciate your patience, cooperation and flexibility as we all work through these trying times. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the entire staff, families, membership, state and nation while we continue to evolve through these changes to combat COVID-19.
With the COVID-19 situation changing quickly in Michigan and based on the latest Executive Order issued by the State of Michigan and the Office of the Governor on March 23, 2020, Sandy Pines and Lake Monterey Golf Course will be implementing the following effective March 24, 2020 through April 13, 2020. We plan to return to regular operations on April 14, 2020.
- Sandy Pines Administration Office will be closed. Please conduct your business through our website and your Member Web Access account portal.
- Sandy Pines Sales and Camping Office will be closed. Please conduct your business through our website. Sales listings, showings, reservations, etc. will be halted.
- Sandy Pines Maintenance will be on call only. If there is an immediate maintenance need or emergency, please contact Maintenance via email or calling directly at 616.896.8315.
- Sandy Pines Public Safety will remain present in the park patrolling and tending to emergency calls 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- The Public Safety Office will be closed to the public through April 13, 2020 except for emergency needs.
- Entrance to the park will be limited to main gate access. All other gates will be closed through April 13, 2020.
- Renewals will be delayed to April 20, 2020 from their original date of April 1, 2020.
- A grace period to May 18, 2020 will be provided for compliance to stickers, registrations, etc.
- Contractor Permits and site construction will be halted and resumed April 14, 2020 unless deemed critical.
- New Contractor Permits will not be processed through April 13, 2020 or after.
- Current off season Convenience Centers remain open, additional summer season CCs will remain closed through April 13, 2020.
- Lake Monterey Golf Course and Club House will be closed through April 13, 2020, effective immediately.
- Contractor permits, and site construction are halted until April 13, 2020, or after unless the work is deemed critical. Contractors will be monitored coming through the Main Gate and asked what type of work or service they are performing. If the work is not critical, they will be turned away. Please contact the Park Inspector by phone or email to determine what is critical and what is not.
- Effective immediately guest passes are suspended unless there is an emergency circumstance. We will attempt to contact the Member and advise the guest will be turned away unless it is emergency circumstances. We will also be putting this information out to Members to avoid numerous circumstances of guests showing up at the gate.
- Deliveries are also suspended during this period unless the delivery is deemed as “critical.” All non-critical deliveries will be turned away at the gate.
- Until further notice, all new Member and Associate Member Cards will be issued without pictures to keep traffic down and promote social distancing. You’ll be contacted later to return for photo when the time is appropriate.
- Vehicle stickers will not be issued until further notice to keep traffic down at the Public Safety Office.
- The Recycling Center & Leaf Dump is closed until further notice.
In accordance with the State of Michigan and Allegan County clarification regarding campgrounds and state parks, Sandy Pines Recreational Community is classified as a campground. Effective immediately based on order by the State of Michigan and Allegan County:
- Camping is closed through April 13, 2020. Campers will not be permitted entrance to the park.
- Seasonal stays will not be permitted through April 13, 2020. Seasonal campers will not be permitted entrance to the park.
- State of Michigan members will not be permitted to the park through April 13, 2020.
- Members outside the State of Michigan who deem Sandy Pines as their 6-month residence are strongly encouraged to not return to the park until April 15, 2020 or later.
- All gates will be closed including Phase 3. Entrance to the park will be through the main gate.
- Public Safety Office at the Main Gate will be screening members trying to enter the park to ensure accordance with the State of Michigan and Allegan County orders. Those members not complying with the State or County order will be turned away.
We strongly encourage our members return to the park April 15, 2020 or later as this is the opening date for our season. If returning earlier, we strongly encourage our members to maintain COVID-19 health precautions of self-containment and social distancing.
We believe the above is necessary to maintain the safety of our staff and members. We did not make these decisions lightly or without reviewing the federal, State of Michigan, local government or CDC requirements and recommendations.
If you have any questions, please check our Coronavirus Update Page for updates, contact the Public Safety Office or send me an email.
Thank You and God Bless
Jeff Sweitzer, Park President
& The Sandy Pines Board of Directors