By: Sue Flowers Member Service Manager
Fall & Winter Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
Mailroom Pick Up Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 9:00 am & 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Labor Day Holiday Weekend Hours
Friday, August 30th 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, August 31st 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday, September 1st Closed
Monday, September 2nd Closed
Tuesday, September 3rd Back to normal business hours
14 Last Member Service Saturday & last Saturday emergency pump outs of the season
18 Member Service closes at 11:30 am for Employee Appreciation Day.
30 Last day for early Winterization rates
1 Annual dues & quarterly electric adjustments on Member bills
5 Fall Festival Flea Market
14 – 18 Last regular pump outs for the season
15 Last day for Winterization Orders
15 Water turned off for the season park-wide
23 & 30 Last two emergency pump outs of the season
Please Note: Water extensions are not available; all water is turned off October 15th.
Season Departure Checklist
When you’re departing for the season we recommend the following top ten tips:
- Check and update your contact information. Login to Member Web Access and update your summer and winter mailing address and phone numbers if needed. Because your email address is your login, you’ll need to contact Member Service to change email address(s).
- Put a hold on your stickers. Due to missed stickers, we will not clear the hold field in the database this year. If you know you want your stickers held next spring, please tell us now. If you have frequent trouble with mail or are afraid you’ll miss your mailed stickers, it is important to place a hold on them. They will then be waiting for you at the main gate.
- Submit your mail forwarding request. If you have a Sandy Pines mailbox, submit your forwarding request 3-4 weeks before you depart. You can begin forwarding at any date but it may take up to a month for it to take effect. Members are often caught off guard, especially in spring, with missed bills because they are stuck in forwarding limbo. Please call if you think you are missing your bills, as we cannot credit finance charges due to lack of selected mail service changes. If you keep your mailbox from season to season you do not have to return the keys unless you’d rather not keep track of them. If you wish, we can hold them at Member Service.
- Order your winterization. If you’ve been winterized by us in the past, we’ll e-mail or mail your order form, which you can complete and return to us. Confirmation of winterization is not guaranteed by your receipt of the form. You must complete, sign and return the form via the appropriate dates. We will attempt to send you an email confirmation after your winterization is complete. Winterization departure dates on or before September 30th start at $80 and your keys must be in the office by September 30th to get the discount. Winterization forms received on or after October 1st start at $100. The latest departure date is October 15th. We are not able to winterize trailers that have hot water heaters located on their porch or trailers or that share a water line. We can only accommodate 500 winterization orders. Make sure you leave a set of keys at Member Service.
- Unplug your modem and router. Even though you may be turning off power to your trailer, it is recommended to unplug electronic devices to avoid power surges. If you are going to be visiting during the winter you can use the devices as service is not shut off to the park; however if something happens to internet or cable service, it is only supported by Spectrum between April 15th and October 15th. If you are keeping internet from season to season, please keep your modem at your site.
- Plan and order your last pump-out of the season. Each year members contact us after pump-outs are complete and are stuck without options as no one else pumps out trailers in the park. Monday, October 14th through Friday, October 18th is the final week of normal pump-outs for the season. We do offer two final emergency pump-outs on Wednesday, October 23rd and 30th.
- Tidy Up. Spring cleanup can be easier if you clean up a little in the fall. Our Registered Contractors List online at sandypines.com/members lists businesses that can help. Registered Contractors are insured, know the park, and have their own access cards so you do not have to sign them in as guests.
- Remove your boats and floating docks. Boats must be removed by November 1, 2019. If you installed a floating dock in your boat stake position, be sure to remove it. While not required, it is highly recommended to remove the dock to eliminate damage from freeze/thaw cycles.
- Plan ahead for Annual Dues & Quarterly Electric Payments. Annual dues & quarterly electric/unit tax will be billed on October 1st and due on October 25th. We do offer a six month payment plan that applies only to dues and assessments. If you opt in to the plan, please understand the monthly installment amount does not include previous balances, new account charges, or quarterly electric and state unit taxes billed during the payment plan term. Those charges would be in addition to the installment amount. You can put money on your account in advance and carry a credit to help minimize the amount due in October. ACH is not available, but online bill pay may be available through your bank.
- Keep track of your account(s). Member Service is staffed year round, so if you have trouble logging in to your Member Web Access to view your account information or if you have questions or billing concerns, please call or email: 616-896-8315, ext. 0; email@example.com. For those who only receive emailed statements, Sandy Pines is not responsible if you miss the emails and accrue finance charges. Keep in touch! We’re here to help.
- Celebrate the end of the Season at the Fall Festival! Join your friends and neighbors Saturday, October 5, 2019. Enjoy fall themed events and a Flea Market for a final family fall fun day.