The 2019 Season has been a great year both financially and recreationally. The financial statements for both Sandy Pines and Lake Monterey Golf Course have maintained positive increases from prior year and appear financially stable in preparation for the more costly months ahead. Please review the recording of the August Board of Directors Meeting and Annual Update BOD Meeting for more detailed information.
FY2020 Budget Review
In August we presented the final Operational and Capital budgets for the 2019-2020 fiscal year to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors for review and approval. These budgets have been posted on the website under Finance.
Specific items to note in regards to the budget focus for the 2019-2020 season include:
- An increase of $24 to operational dues per the Bylaws in relation to an increase proportionate to the CPI Index 12 month increase for the Midwest Region as of March 2019.
- Operational dues without any pass through amounts (i.e. Capital Dues, Golf Course Assessment or Cable TV) cover 38% of operational expenses. The remaining expenses are funding through other revenue streams within the park.
- The 2019-2020 budget reflects a $99k pick up with net expense on the bottom line budget to maintain the park’s not-for- profit focus of a balanced budget.
- The park in addition continues to focus on maintaining a 180 day cash reserve, with investment decisions adding to park as- sets and overall value of the park.
- The 2019-2020 fee increases include; Boat Dock ($500), Contractor Fee ($200), Delinquent Account Reactivation Fee per card ($35), Guest Pass 1 Day ($5), Guest Pass 1 Day-Security Assisted ($7)
Upcoming Dues and Assessments
You will find your 2019-2020 Dues and Assessments, total of $1,882 billed on your September statement and mailed on October 1st. Please refer to the outline within the Footprints and on the Sandy Pines webpage for the cost breakdown. Payment will be due October 25th. Sandy Pines does provide an option for six monthly installment payments to pay the dues, capital contributions, cable and assessments only in the amount of $325.46 (October through March). The payment plan does not include any other fees and charges billed to your account each month. Failure to make payments within the payment schedule, will result in the members’ ineligibility of using the installment plan and your remaining balance will be due in full the month following a missed monthly installment payment. Continued unpaid balances can result in membership termination.
Many questions have arose regarding the current status of the Senior Adult group here at Sandy Pines. While this group is very important to us, with a great legacy, Sandy Pines is limited in regards to specific activities we can promote and support financially within the park. Sandy Pines is a not-for-profit Corporation and does not have non-profit/tax-exempt status. Sandy Pines has specific limitations in regards to any activities that would otherwise require a gaming license or involve the liability of travel by the group outside of the park. If the group chooses to create their own charter and Board, maintaining a separate non-profit license and applies for a gaming license and insurance, they may be able under their own coordination and direction to pursue the activities as desired suggesting they have all legal paperwork in place. Sandy Pines will remain removed from the activities and leave it to the direction of the chartered committee. Sandy Pines is also and otherwise more than happy to coordinate activities and events within the park, so long as they fit the specifications allowed by Sandy Pines Wilderness Trails. We understand this group has a great benefit for our Senior Members of the park and with coordination and working together we can make the activities for the group a continued success.
We appreciate your support and dedication to Sandy Pines and the Golf Course and send continued summer blessings to all of you!