Preparing For Fall & Winter Storage
- Secure and place outdoor items in shelter or storage.
- Winterize your trailer prior to freezing temps and have your holding tank pumped before freezing temps.
- Remove items that will freeze in cupboards Remove alcoholic beverages from the park.
- Defrost and clean your refrigerator. Place baking soda in the refrigerator to absorb odors.
- Place moth balls under your trailer to deter critters. Place decon or mouse proofer down to deter mice.
- Place golf carts in storage or affix to a stationary object or your second golf cart with chain and padlock to deter theft. A wheel can also be removed to deter theft. Disconnect batteries.
- Turn off your propane tanks. Have your propane tanks filled if you plan to visit in the winter Have a furnace technician check your furnace for proper operation.
- Have your watercraft winterized and place in storage. Outboard motors should be secured with chain and padlock.
- Contact your lawn service for fall leaf removal.
- Close vents, windows, and roll up awnings. Place pop up campers in storage mode. Have a technician check around roof vents for proper weather seal.
- Turn off electric at the pedestal at the road.
- Place stabilizer gas treatment in golf carts, lawn mowers, watercraft and mopeds.
- Remove boat dock from the lake. Place boat dock on site. Boat docks may not be stored in the green area. Watercraft may not be stored on the beach or in the green areas.
- Turn off your water at the water riser, disconnect your water line and mark your water line.
- Make sure that Sandy Pines has your winter address and phone number. Update the park if you move in the winter. Leave an emergency contact name with the park if you plan to be out of state or a distance away in the winter months.
- Remember to replace your smoke detector batteries before leaving this fall.
- Remember to turn off your thermostat before leaving this winter. Some furnace blower motors will run if the furnace is left on and temperatures drop.
- Remove valuables and valuable items from your trailer for the winter months.
Fall winter weather
Fall weather can have brisk winds. Please take the time to secure golf cart covers, lawn furniture, and other small items. Winds have blown golf cart shelters over resulting in damage. Please check the anchoring of these golf cart shelters and secure.
Lawn and leaf cleanup
Across the street from the Security Station is a leaf dump for vegetation disposal. You may haul leaves and brush to this area in the back of a truck or by trailer. If you do not have a truck or trailer you may purchase paper yard waste bags at the Security Station and haul to the leaf dump or leave beside the road for maintenance pickup.
Please do not bring items from home to dispose of at the park. The dumpsters within the park are for items from the park.