Chief Financial Officer
Sandy Pines Wilderness Trails, Inc. is seeking an experienced HR Assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills. An HR Assistant is expected to be a conceptual thinker with superb organizational and time management skills. He or she should display remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills with a solid understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, and payroll and benefits administration. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on recruitment, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement suggested employee policies for implementation.
- Provide quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues, under direction of the Park President and CFO.
- Support the CFO and Park President in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Serve as a point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Maintain completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Respond to and record and OSHA related incidents, FMLA or leave of absence documentation.
- Developing and/or improving annual performance review process; seasonal exit review process.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice; facilitated with HR conference and workshop educational opportunities.
- Develop central personnel record storage process/procedure/file system.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related (essential)
- 2 years of experience as an HR Assistant
- Exposure to Labor Law, employment equity regulations, and HR policies and procedures
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
- Exposure to payroll practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
Fun team atmosphere with the ability to support other areas of the business.
Ability to maintain and maneuver filing of employment records and payroll information for retention.
CFO and Park President
Applications can be completed online through our Indeed Job Listing.