To our valued Sandy Pines Members and Community. We wanted to provide an update to our Step 2 of our 3 Step Park Restart Plan. Thank you to all who continue to support us in following each of these steps. It is critical that Sandy Pines continue to implement the plan to gain confidence from our State, County, and local officials. We have worked hard with our State, County, and local officials to allow Member access to our wonderful park and now we are able to officially communicate that we are open. As with any plan, its success is based on our entire community and members implementing it safely.
Effective June 8, 2020
- Guests and Camping will be allowed.
- Site limit remains 8 people per site in accordance with State of Michigan DNR campground requirements
- We expect to have this ease to a larger number soon
- New Guest Pass Policy will be in place. Members may go online through Member Web Access. Complete the Guest Pass request and choose either the $5.00 option to self-print/email or the $15.00 option for our PSO staff to print and deliver to your guest. We know this has been a hot topic. Our hope is that Members use the $5.00 option as this is safer for our staff, guests and members by limiting contact. The $15.00 cost is temporary for this season to protect our staff and it is truly our desire to never have the membership utilize this option. We are working on a pre-printed pass that can be purchased in bundles at our Member Service or PSO buildings. Please look for additional updates for this option.
- Playgrounds will be open. Sandy Pines is installing sanitizer stations at each playground. It is the responsibility of our members, associates and guests to take proper precaution in sanitizing those who use the equipment.
- Boat rentals (Kayak, Stand Up Paddle Boards & Rowboats) will resume. Our rental team is developing a process to sanitize rented items.
- CC’s will resume regular operations and hours with staff continuing its normal cleaning service.
- Member Service will be back to regular hours. We will continue to take appointments if needed.
- Camping Office is officially open during regular hours.
- Sales Office and PSO will continue to take appointments only until further notice
- Events continue to be added to the June calendar. Please reference our Weekly Flyers and E-News
- Committees are welcome to start meeting again in an outdoor venue. We are still closing Phase 1 Pavilion and Administration Conference Rooms until further notice.
Effective June 15, 2020
For the safety of our staff, a new mail policy will take effect. Mail will no longer be delivered to the Administration Building. Our Member Service team is not equipped or staffed to handle the high-volume of packages nor do we have the PPE or ability to sanitize packages that may contain COVID-19. Therefore, we are moving all mail service to the mail building near the PSO. We have installed a security camera, magnetic locked door and prox card reader. As the need arises, we will expand the number of mailboxes. Please contact Member Service for additional information as well as interest in a mailbox.
Effective June 22, 2020
- Pools will reopen. They will be open based on CDC, State, County and Township suggested social distancing and capacity guidelines. The official plan will be released and communicated prior to June 22nd opening date. We are continuing our staffing process for our pools as we are in need of staff.
Other items our staff is working hard to provide answers and timing are: ropes course, pavilion rentals, potlucks, library, bingo to mention a few. Please continue to be patient with our staff who are working hard to get our members what they need. The indoor recreation station, arcade and fitness center remain closed until further notice.
- Members cannot allow Associates, Guests or non-Members to use Member cards to access park
- Social Distancing remains in effect; Member to Member support to help adhere is greatly appreciated:
- Masks must be worn in CC’s and other enclosed areas required
- Site Maximum occupancy of 8 per State campground requirements
- 6 feet separation distance while in the community
- Wash and Sanitize your hands regularly
- Patience with PSO and Member Services as dates, events, regulations, and expectations change regularly; we will get you answers as soon as we are able
Still In Effect
- Member Card(s) to be shut off, 10-point violation, $100 fine, and $35 Reactivation for non-member using Member card(s) to access park
- Social Distancing fines (up to $1,500) to be issued
- Plan may be adjusted at any time including closure of park if needed
Please continue to visit our website at SandyPines.com/COVID19. For answers not found online, please contact our Member Service Office at 616-896-8315 x-100 or Public Safety Office at Security@SandyPines.com at 616.896.9006. I’m also available to help with any questions you may have by email or phone. We will get through this by working together. Thank you for your grace, patience and understanding as we work together in the best interests of Sandy Pines.
God bless and stay safe!
Sandy Pines Recreational Community
Chairman of the Board
Sandy Pines Recreational Community