- Secure and place outdoor items in shelter.
- Winterize your trailer prior to freezing temps and have your holding tank pumped. Winterize or contact your lawn service to winterize your lawn sprinkler system.
- Remove items that will freeze in cupboards. Remove alcoholic beverages from the park. Remove food in cupboards that will attract mice or ants.
- Defrost and clean your refrigerator. Place baking soda in the refrigerator to absorb odors.
- Place moth balls under your trailer to deter critters and deacon or mouse proofer to deter mice.
- Place golf carts in storage or affix to a stationary object or to your second golf cart with a chain and padlock to deter theft. A wheel can also be removed to deter theft. Disconnect batteries.
- Turn off your propane tanks. Have your propane tanks filled if you plan to visit in the winter months. Have a furnace technician check your furnace for proper operation.
- Have your watercraft winterized and place in storage. Outboard motors should be secured with chain and padlock. All watercraft is required to be removed from Lake Monterey by November 1st.
- Contact your lawn service for fall leaf removal. Call early – leaf removal companies become busy in the fall.
- Close vents, windows, and roll up awnings. Place pop up campers in storage mode. Have a technician check around roof vents for proper weather seal.
- Turn off electricity on your pedestal at the road.
- Place stabilizer gas treatment in golf carts, lawn mowers, watercraft, and mopeds.
- Remove boat docks from the lake and place them on your site. Boat docks may not be stored in the green area. Watercraft may not be stored on the beach or in the green areas. All boats must be removed from the lake by November 1st.
- Turn off your water at the water riser, disconnect your water line and mark your water line.
- Make sure that Sandy Pines has your winter address and phone number. Update the park if you move in the winter. Leave an emergency contact name with the park if you plan to be out of state or a distance away in the winter months.
- Remember to replace your smoke detector batteries before leaving this fall.
- Remember to turn off your thermostat before leaving this winter. Some furnace blower motors will continue to run when the thermostat is still on in the winter months.
- Remove valuables and valuable items from your trailer for the winter months.
- Contact local contractor for any roof/leak repairs.
- Check the age of Fire Extinguisher in your unit and the last date inspected. If older than six years or not hydrostat tested in the last six years, it may be more cost effective to replace with a new one.
Buoys & Call Boxes
New emergency throw buoys and call boxes have been installed at the Phase 1 beach and the Phase 4 beach. The call box has a button to push that will call the Security Station. In addition to pushing the call button you should dial 911 first for lake emergencies.
Additional call boxes will be placed at Marina in Phase 6, at the Adult pool, the Family Pool, and the Outdoor Pool in Phase 3.