|The safety, health and well-being of our employees and members are a top priority. Without all of you, Sandy Pines and Lake Monterey Golf Course cannot truly be Our Happy Place! With the rising concern of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the rapid changes that are taking place due to this illness, Sandy Pines Recreational Community and Lake Monterey Golf Course will as a precautionary measure follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local public health authorities in the communities we serve. This is to ensure we have the resources in place to maintain a safe work environment for our employees and provide our members with continued service.
We certainly do not want to cause or add to any existing panic. However, due to the increased activity in our office this time of year and the vast population of various demographic locations returning to the park, it is important we work together to take the reasonable and recommended steps to limit exposure or opportunity to spread the virus.
While we continue to remain calm, we are also encouraging employees to do the following as Operations will remain open:
1. EDUCATE YOURSELF: Know COVID-19 symptoms; coughing, sneezing, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing, respiratory issues; incubation can be 2-14 days. Wash and sanitize your hands regularly, cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing and refrain from close contact with others such as handshakes, hugs, etc.
2. STAY HOME: If you have any of the above symptoms, you have been tested positive for COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or have returned from traveling to an area or region of high risk for COVID-19. We encourage our members who are feeling ill to stay in their trailers or campers and to avoid contact with other members. If you live near the park, we also encourage you to return to your local home to get well. Follow your doctor’s advice, stay home and get well before returning to regular activity. We recommend social distancing whenever possible to help slow the possible spread of the virus.
3. CLEANING AND SANITIZING: We will be increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing the offices. Surfaces that are frequently touched and used will be wiped down regularly. We encourage all employees and members to use hand sanitizer regularly. We encourage our members to do the same at their sites as well. Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing your sites will help combat any spread of the illness.
4. CONVEINENCE CENTERS: We will also be increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing the Convenience Centers (CCs). However, due to the limited resources we have at the park, we will not be opening the additional convenience centers until further notice. This will allow our smaller seasonal staff the ability to clean the CCs that remain open more often. Please utilize your trailer/camper bathrooms.
5. MEMBER SERVICE AND MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT: Effectively immediately until further notice, Sandy Pines will:
A. Post Signs at Administration, Public Safety, The Recreation Center, Park & Garden Store and Rental Office and The Inspector’s Office requiring members to go home and use online or phone access if you are feeling ill or have any of the symptoms identified above.
B. Strongly encourage Online processing for payments, renewals, registrations, etc. Sandy Pines will waive the online processing fee until May 1, 2020. Past due finance charges will still apply. We are trying to limit traffic in the office to avoid spread of any illness.
C. Utilize our drop box to deliver documents, payments, etc.
D. Call if possible, Member Services, Public Safety, Camping, Sales, etc. to help with questions and needs rather than stopping into the office.
E. April 15th will remain the target date to turn water back on weather permitting.
F. May 1st will be the new date for golf cart license plates pick up and install. This is being pushed back from its original April 1st date. To minimize traffic at our Public Safety Office we will not be completing golf cart license plate registrations or handing out plates until May 1st.
G. Working remotely. As members start returning and committees and clubs start to get back together, we strongly encourage phone conference calls rather than meeting face to face. Any committee meetings scheduled prior to May 1st will be via video and phone conference. We will reevaluate this need after May 1st.
H. March 20th Board of Directors meeting will be closed to Board Member and staff attendance only. The agenda will be communicated in advance for write in questions to be addressed by the Board, Park President and CFO. We are working on live streaming the event if possible. It will be videotaped as usual and available for viewing online and on Sandy Pines Channel 27.2. Future Board of Director meetings will be evaluated and communicated accordingly.
Based on the ever-changing environment due to COVID-19, we believe the above is necessary to help limit exposure to our staff and our members of any potential illness. We will continue to evaluate and monitor the situation as well as modify if needed additional actions as we get closer to our busy season. We will be sending membership updates by posting information on our website at sandypines.com/COVID19
We love getting to work and seeing our teammates and members in person. Given the circumstances, though, keeping everyone healthy is the priority. We will continue to keep you posted if there are any additional changes as this issue evolves. Thank you all in advance for understanding and helping us limit this threat.
We wish that everyone stays safe and healthy! If you have any additional questions, please submit any questions online at sandypines.com/COVID19 or contact our Park President. Thank you for all you do to make this a wonderful place to work and visit.